On 21st of April 2017, a collective of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) patient leaders and supporters from across the world will be uniting to mark AML World Awareness Day 2017. Of note, this collective will establish the Know AML initiative and launch a global AML awareness campaign called Fight AML.
The immediate mission of Know AML is to improve education and support in order to empower AML patients, families, and HCP’s in their fight against AML. The long-term mission when communicating with HCP’s is to Raise awareness about Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) by:
· Profiling AML as a ‘multi-mutation disease’ “it’s not one disease”
· Communicating the “new hope” for AML patients by virtue of:
o Comprehensive molecular profile testing improving accuracy of diagnosis
o New AML clinical trials where identification of mutations allows
targeted therapeutic options
o New mutation-targeted drugs coming on the market in 2017
As representatives of the AML community we are sharing this initiative with you before launch and should you wish to get involved you can take the following steps to mark AML World Awareness day.
How can you get involved?
1. Review the attached Know AML briefing document
2. Use the enclosed resource through your personnel or professional
3. Know AML is encouraging the leukemia community to take part and mark AML World Awareness Day on the April 21 2017 by wearing Red and Black and sharing photos through their social networks, while adopting the official campaign hashtags #knowAML and #fightAML to show their support
4. In time provide patient with Know AML patients and families Know AML support materials