The launch event for the journal Biomedicine & Prevention, which met with success, was held on December 14, 2016 at the Rome headquarters of the Italian National Research Council (Centro Nazionale delle Ricerche).
The occasion was attended by over a hundred guests hailing not only from the medical sphere but also from the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering. Many colleagues from the Department were also present.
Prof. Leonardo Palombi, Editor-in-chief of the journal and Head of the eponymous Biomedicine and Prevention Department at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, together with Prof. Sandro Mancinelli, who served as moderator for the event, presided over interesting addresses delivered by the Honorable Rector of the University, Prof. Giuseppe Novelli, and by the President of the Italian National Institute of Health (Istituto Superiore di Sanità), Prof. Walter Ricciardi.
These opening addresses were followed by technical presentations from the event’s overseas guest speakers:
- Prof. Felicity Astin
- Prof. Lang Tran
- Dr. Cornelius Bartels
- Dr. Graham Fraser
In closing, well-wishes and expressions of interest in participating were conveyed by:
- Società Italiana di Igiene e Medicina Preventiva
- Fondazione SIMG
- Federazione Nazionale Collegi IPASVI
- Società Italiana di Scienze Infermieristiche
- Società Italiana di Medicina del Lavoro e Igiene Industriale
- Società Italiana di Ematologia
- Società Italiana di Psichiatria
- Società Italiana di Ginecologia e Ostetricia
- Società Italiana di Mutagenesi Ambientale
- Società Italiana di Fisica Medica
- Collegio Italiano dei Professori di Anatomia Patologica